BADIR – A Framework Anyone Can Use To Turn Data into Profitable Insights:
BADIR is for Business leaders looking to power their entire organization with data-driven decision making, Learning & Development leaders building internal analytics capability, Marketing/Product Managers interested in making data-driven business decisions, Analyst looking to increase your impact on the organization.
What is BADIR?
The amount of information available to business professionals these days is overwhelming (Big Data), often making it nearly impossible to parse what information is relevant, is actionable for your business, and what is merely interesting, perhaps even worth knowing, but ultimately irrelevant to your business decision making.
When you are trying to tackle a problem for your business, do you know what questions to ask? Do you know how to arrive at answers that will empower you to act? Do you know how to evaluate your actions?
BADIR, Aryng’s Data to Decisions™ framework is a recipe to allow you to do just that.
The five-step process takes you from determining what questions to ask through the design of your analysis, a collection of data, and analysis of data all the way to recommendations for actions that help drive impact on your business.
Here are the five steps:
- Clarify the Business question – As the famous inventor Charles ‘Boss’ Kettering said, “A problem well stated is a problem half-solved.” BADIR – Business Question framework gives the ability to get to the real question. What exactly are we trying to solve?
- Lay out a hypotheses-driven Analytics plan – Plan before you do and make sure all the key stakeholders agree with your plan. A hypothesis-driven approach enables accelerated discovery of insights towards the problem at hand.
- Pull relevant Data – BADIR propounds using hypotheses driven plan to winnow down the exact data needed to answer the question, instead of looking at all the data available. This leads to fastest insights possible
- Convert it to Insights – BADIR has an exact recipe to follow for every methodology you will use with clear guidelines on which methodology to use for what kind of problem. The insights recipe leads to accurate execution of analytics and fastest results with early check-ins with stale-holders priming them up for action.
- Make Recommendations to drive impact – How you say it is important too! With BADIR, we have the exact science to make winning presentations loaded with actionable recommendations that drive $’s and impact.
BADIR difference – It’s not about insights, it’s about $’s
Although the word “analytics” conjures up the image of graphs, data, numbers, and complex algorithms, it is only part of the story. BADIR is a structured approach to analytics that includes a green track and a blue track. When analytics is done right, the blue track, the process of getting insights from the data, needs to happen in parallel with the green track, the process that drives decision making and impact in the organization. The green track is all about what one needs to do to bridge the gap to the business, to understand the business priories, to work within business constraints, to bring along the key stakeholders and to make the right handshakes at the right time so when one is ready with insights from the data, the stakeholders are ready and poised to make decisions and take actions based on those insights, thus driving impact through data.
Today, data scientists are well trained, or perhaps overtrained, on the blue track; but the green track often eludes them, mostly because it is not taught as a science in the universities. Nevertheless, the green track is a science and is completely learnable (check out Aryng Analytics Academy – courses and track that will teach you real, job-ready, actionable, applied data-to-decisions skills).
Unless an insight sees the light of the day by way of getting transformed into a decision, it is a complete waste of resources and time. Unless analytics drives business impact, it is not analytics. It is just statistics.
Only when both green track and blue track processes are followed, data will lend itself to decisions and $’s
Top 5 reasons why BADIR is the framework of choice for Fortune 100
- BADIR has enabled $500m+ impact in Fortune 500 and smaller companies alike including companies like Box, Google, PayPal, Here and Applied Materials.
- BADIR is a complete data-to-decisions framework that enables 10X+ faster generation of actionable insights that drives 20X+ impact than when analytics is done without a structured framework.
- BADIR – Business Analytics can be done using widely used Microsoft Excel already available to most professionals. Np special tools needed to become a BADIRIST.
- BADIR is fast and easy to learn. It’s a recipe much like baking a cake recipe. Anybody with basic analytics aptitude can learn to bake analytics with BADIR.
- BADIR can be easily integrated into your internal curriculum, using blended online and classroom